The 10 Best Podcasts & Resources for Cleaning Business Owners
When I was starting out in the cleaning business, all I wanted to do was find other (more successful) cleaning business owners…. it would have been awesome to have had a list of the 10 best podcasts and resources for cleaning business owners back then -:)
I dreamed of hanging out with them… talking about new ideas to attract customers or staff, or just to have a sounding board when I was unsure of something…
It can be really lonely being a cleaning business owner….
My friends weren’t overly entrepreneurial (and a lot weren’t business owners), so they just couldn’t relate to some of the daily issues I was going through as a cleaning business owner. They thought I was crazy to be working so hard in my business….
I needed to find people who ‘got’ me and who I could learn off ….
People who had been where I was, down in the trenches, who had actually grown a cleaning business beyond just a “hobby” and weren’t doing things the old fashioned way…
I wanted to learn new stuff…
None of the so-called “Gurus” ever talked about cleaning businesses – so I was left to figure things out the long way (read: the hard way)…
I became absolutely driven to learn more about the cleaning industry – and yes, if I’m honest, it became kind of an obsession..
I wanted to understand every possible way that I could make a bigger impact with our customers and our staff.
AND YOU SHOULD TOO……
You see as Cleaning Business Owners, you’re problem solvers and relationship builders.
The thing is though, you’re busy “being” that – right? If you’re like most cleaning business owners, every day you’re facing a different set of challenges.
You know you should be “doing” social media, but have absolutely no idea where to start right? (HINT: Click Here to learn that)
You’d probably love to have a quick “go-to” list of podcasts and resources specifically for cleaning business owners right? How about a community you could interact with?
Sounds good doesn’t it? Not being alone in your business anymore…
So, I curated this cool list for you – in it you’ll find some of the finest podcasts, resources and thought leadership on the cleaning industry, and my prediction:
The cleaning business owners who become “experts” in their area, win. They win better staff and better customers.
And look, there’s no need to feel overwhelmed; it’s quick and easy to press play on a podcast during your morning commute or scan a quick article while your lunch is heating up. And we’ve made it even easier by curating a list of the most crucial ways to stay in-the-know.
The following resources are in no particular order of importance –so whether you like to read, watch or listen to information here goes – just make it your mission to start somewhere!
Here’s Our Top 10 List:
- The Quick Talk Podcast hosted by Josh Latimer is dedicated to helping business owners succeed. This episode divulges how to get more cleaning clients and grow quickly with a Power Followup Planning Checklist. New talks are posted every Tuesday and Friday.
- Savvy Cleaner is a site dedicated to providing training and certifications for house cleaners. With tips and training services, you’ll be confident that your team is delivering high quality cleaning to your clients.
- The first news and information source dedicated solely to the cleaning industry, Cleaning Business Today lists tools, techniques, industry best practices and tricks of the trade in a streamlined environment.
- INCLEAN Magazine offers up the latest news and events so you can always be at the forefront of the cleaning community. This is both a print and digital magazine that sends out regular email newsletters as well, so it covers all the bases.
- If you believe better communication resolves many of the major challenges in your line of work, Swept’s blog (and their incredible software) may be right for you. Swept is devoted to showing owners how to get the most out of their employees with software that assists with time tracking, scheduling, reporting, instructions and supplies, so you can focus on the bigger picture, (and they just happen to write a killer blog) -:)
- Though not directly related to the cleaning business, The Tim Ferriss Show is an incredibly insightful podcast for expanding your reach. Voted iTunes’ Best of 2014 and Best of 2015, this guy knows how to draw the celebrity guests, but more importantly, how to reveal unique bits of business wisdom you can’t find anywhere else.
- From dealing with cleaning services to cash flow, the Grow My Cleaning Company podcast covers it. Hosted by Mike Campion you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode, no matter your schedule
- The Cleaning Business Forum on Facebook states that “all cleaning business owners are welcome” to join this group. Focused on giving and receiving advice from fellow owners, this is truly a grassroots way to stay involved and learn from others.
- Cleaning Owners is another Facebook group you can join that asks the tough questions while dispensing regular encouragement. This group is especially recommended for those just starting out.
- If LinkedIn is more your thing, Growth Strategies for Commercial Cleaning Professionals is the group for you. This discussion is targeted more toward expansion and other advanced topics rather than the challenges that beginning cleaning owners typically face.
After feedback from my community, it looks like # 9 isn’t a very active Facebook Group – so if you’re in the Maid Service space, go check out the ZenMaid Group on Facebook…
Of course, you’re here on our very own information platform – the Cleaning Marketer Blog and we’re completely focused on helping you achieve your entrepreneurial goals, and shorten your learning curve in the cleaning business.
So be sure to stay connected with us as we cover everything a modern cleaning business owner needs to know – sales and marketing, systems and processes (that actually work for cleaning businesses), how to hire (and sometimes, fire) staff, social media, and the list goes on and on…
In fact. Could you do me a favour?
If there’s an area within your cleaning business where you need help, and you’d like me to either do a video or a blog article on it (or even a free webinar) – I’d be happy to, because chances are it will help you and it will probably help others too….
So, leave a message in the comments section below outlining what you’d like me to cover for you – I read and reply to every message…
Hopefully you’ll find these resources beneficial to your cleaning business. Owning a business is challenging, and you don’t have to feel alone when navigating the murkiness of hiring, managing, meeting service expectations and increasing margins. There are people out there like you who are experiencing similar situations and are making it work for them.
If you’re serious about business growth, come join us at Cleaning Marketer – a community where cleaning business owners gain access to information that attracts prospects, makes sales and keeps top clients on their roster. Need a few quick ideas to get you started?
“Merely surviving is not the same as truly thriving”. William C Taylor
First time to our blog…? Welcome, it’s great to have you here 🙂 Want to know more about us – check us out here.
Cleaning Marketer works exclusively with cleaning businesses to help them attract more prospects, make more sales, and keep their clients longer.
Want fast business growth? Register for the next Cleaning Business School (Starting Jan 2017) – 8 Weeks of Fast Growth Ideas for Cleaning Businesses who want to attract more prospects, make more sales and keep their clients longer.
Prefer a live event in either San Diego or New York City in 2017? Get inspired, empowered and take your market by storm. Book now
PS A FREE REPORT FOR YOU: “How To Get Cleaning Clients Even If You’re Brand New To The Cleaning Industry”