Cleaning business owners want to attract more prospects, make more sales, and keep clients longer, but their marketing strategies just won’t get them there. There are 6 mistakes that cleaning businesses make with their marketing, and if you’re frustrated because the results from your marketing are less than stellar, rest assured, you are definitely not alone.
- Stop Trying To Be Everything to Everyone. You can’t be the cheapest cleaners in town and the most expensive all at the same time. You don’t see Target trying to compete with Bloomingdales. It’s the same in the cleaning industry – decide what you want your business to be, and stick to it.
- Failing To Know Who Your Ideal Client Is. I’ve heard it a thousand times “but I can clean for anyone”… sorry – but you can’t market to ‘anyone’ – you need to know who the ideal clients for your cleaning business are, they’re the ones you want to attract and who will want your services, be good to deal with, refer you to others, and give you testimonials.
- Not Having A Unique Selling Proposition. Want to win in the cleaning industry? You must give your prospects reasons to choose your cleaning business over the competition. Think of it this way, you all have mops, buckets and vacuums right? The prospect knows that – so to them, you all seem the same, and the only way they can choose is price…. Unless you define what you do better than your competition, which might include various certifications you have, or global brands who use your service etc.
- Taking a “Hope” Approach To Your Marketing. Ok, so you’ve defined your ideal clients, now you need to reach them with your marketing materials. You need to match the media to your target audience. That will require research and planning, but failing to do this will cost you time and money – lots of it..
- Keep Your Expectations Real. Maybe you’ve lost a few accounts recently, and to replace them, you want to throw money at advertising. This may get you some new prospects, but what about the following month? Remember, not all ad campaigns work, and you may need to test and tweak before you see results.
- Wait for Your Marketing to Mature. One postcard mailer is not going to make much of a dent in you marketing; nor will 1 advertisement in the local paper, or 1 ad on Google Adwords or Facebook. Marketing is a long-term proposition that needs you to be disciplined. If you’ve decided who you want to be as a business, who you want your ideal clients to be, and have clearly defined your unique selling proposition, and team that up with research on the best media to to reach your ideal clients, and you’re willing to invest in a long-term approach to acquire new clients, then you will be rewarded..
The best way to to achieve all of the above is to have a S.Y.S.T.E.M (save yourself some time, energy and money), that hustles all day, every day, every time to attract the clients that you want into your cleaning business.
Cleaning Marketer works exclusively with select cleaning businesses to help them attract more prospects, make more sales, and keep their clients longer. To learn more about our industry-leading Cleaning Business School, click here.
So what’s your verdict? How’s your marketing performing? I’d love to hear how you are marketing your cleaning business – what’s working (or not working…) for you right now…? Let me know in the comments below…
Today’s quote: Perseverance is the story behind every successful person. Steve Case
PS: Want real business growth? I have set aside some time to have a 1-on-1 breakthrough strategy session with you and to help you implement all the strategies I teach, to get more customers and profit… for FREE but very limited sessions are available (register here)
If you have a cleaning business and are trying to figure out how to generate more quality leads, sales, and increase the lifetime value of your customers right NOW, then you know it’s right for you and you can click here to apply now.
PPS: Prefer a Live Event Experience? Register now for Fast Growth Cleaning Business MasterClass New York, or Los Angeles in 2016. Get inspired, empowered and take your market by storm. Book now.